Sunday, June 12, 2011

Most Memorable Assignment

My favorite assignment from this year in Honors English was probably the first essay we wrote at the very beginning of the year, on To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I absolutely loved the novel, and after being taught the structure of writing an essay, I was so excited to start writing it. After completing my essay, I was so proud. I spent a countless number of hours revising and editing, going back and changing font to font size, to even paragraph spacing. I do not believe I have honestly taken that much time on perfecting a piece of my work on anything else.
After all of my hard work, I (of course) got 100% as well as Mrs. Gilman asking to use my essay at a conference. I cannot thank you enough Mrs. Gilman for helping me on it and taking the time to show us how to write quality pieces of writing. It definitely has paid off not only in your class, but as well as in my other classes when I have had to write essays on different subjects. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment