Friday, September 17, 2010

Introductory Post

Hello, my name is Meghann and I am in second period Honors English. I love to read and write. I love the excitement of getting a new book(from the library or bookstore) or writing a thrilling passage in the book I am writing. I read in my spare time all the time, and enjoy it thoroughly. For me, I love being able to challenge myself with books, and as well as in my writing. I enjoy taking writing prompts and trying to create a story or essay in my own words, to make it sound original. Another reason why I love to write, is the joy I experience when I write poems, and share them with my friends and family. I love hearing the positive, and constructive criticism. Without help, how are you going to gain in knowledge and writing skills? Quite frankly you won't.


That is another reason why I am in Honors English, so I can improve in my literary and comprehension skills. My personal opinion of myself as a student is I am very attentive, studious, open for new thoughts and ideas, as well as passionate about writing in general. I love to edit, so that is one reason why I am so open. I am very attentive, because I just love reading. Hearing anything about new authors to different genres, helps me.
Some things students will expect to see on my blog, are all assignments, as well as a few poems here and there. The way I will enlighten the English topic, is explain in the best way I can, with the utmost precision on each subject. I will try and make the topics interesting, and try to speak with enthusiasm, instead having a monotone feel to my writing. If I succeed in doing so, then I will be excelling in not only English as a class, but also in life. If I can create posts, as well essays and letters in a way that excites/interests the reader, then I will go far in life. I will not only be improving in my writing skills, but also in communicative abilities in English. While improving right now, I hope to have improved as far as having colleges look my abilities, but also being able to recognize my own writing style.
Thank you for following my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment